Former Universal Champion Goldberg has revealed how many matches he has left on his current WWE contract, following SummerSlam.
On Saturday, Goldberg challenges Bobby Lashley for the WWE Championship. Goldberg has now confirmed that he is obligated to return to WWE for two more matches.
Speaking on WWE The Bump, Goldberg discussed potential bouts with John Cena and Roman Reigns. After explaining that he isn’t on Team Cena or Team Reigns, Goldberg said:
“I’m a great fan of both of them for what they’ve done individually. For what Roman’s been able to do for the past couple of years is freaking unbelievable. I think it’s fantastic, I think Paul Heyman has a lot to do with that.
“I’d love a piece of Roman Reigns and I think maybe even more so would I love to get my hands around Cena’s throat but, it’s wishful thinking. We’ll see. Let me take care of Bobby Lashley first and then, hey, I only got two more matches on my deal here so we’ll see what happens.”
It was previously reported that Goldberg’s current contract requires him to wrestle two matches a year. His SummerSlam appearance will be his second contest of 2021, following his clash with Drew McIntyre at Royal Rumble.
Quote via WrestlingNews.Co.
- Backstage Heat With CM Punk Leads To Colt Cabana Missing AEW Shows?
- CM Punk Mocks WWE With Their Own History After Changing MITB Location
- Former WWE Star Paul London ‘Insulted’ By Offer From AEW
- NJPW Officially Addresses ‘Severe Disagreement’ With Kota Ibushi
- WWE Changes Ludwig Kaiser’s Name For Second Time This Week
- Which Stars WWE Meant When Claiming Sasha Banks & Naomi Didn’t Want To Work With Them
- WWE Locker Room Against Sasha Banks But Not Naomi After Walkout Controversy?
- Queen Zelina Injured, Timeline For Return Revealed
- Jake Paul Hunting For A Former WWE Heavyweight For Next Pay-Per-View
- AEW Star Leyla Hirsch Undergoes ACL Surgery