Former Universal Champion Goldberg has revealed how many matches he has left on his current WWE contract, following SummerSlam.
On Saturday, Goldberg challenges Bobby Lashley for the WWE Championship. Goldberg has now confirmed that he is obligated to return to WWE for two more matches.
Speaking on WWE The Bump, Goldberg discussed potential bouts with John Cena and Roman Reigns. After explaining that he isn’t on Team Cena or Team Reigns, Goldberg said:
“I’m a great fan of both of them for what they’ve done individually. For what Roman’s been able to do for the past couple of years is freaking unbelievable. I think it’s fantastic, I think Paul Heyman has a lot to do with that.
“I’d love a piece of Roman Reigns and I think maybe even more so would I love to get my hands around Cena’s throat but, it’s wishful thinking. We’ll see. Let me take care of Bobby Lashley first and then, hey, I only got two more matches on my deal here so we’ll see what happens.”
It was previously reported that Goldberg’s current contract requires him to wrestle two matches a year. His SummerSlam appearance will be his second contest of 2021, following his clash with Drew McIntyre at Royal Rumble.
Quote via WrestlingNews.Co.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?
- Update On Drew McIntyre Amid Ongoing WWE Absence