Two more segments have been announced for tonight’s episode of SmackDown, featuring Goldberg and Sami Zayn respectively.
Goldberg is set to challenge for Roman Reigns’ Universal Championship at next week’s WWE Elimination Chamber event. WWE has revealed that Goldberg will appear on tonight’s show, with the preview for the segment on WWE.com noting:
“In his dominant reign as Universal Champion, Roman Reigns has taken down absolutely everyone in his path. Now, an intense new challenge has emerged in the form of Goldberg, who made a surprise return to SmackDown last week to secure a title match at WWE Elimination Chamber against The Head of the Table. Tonight, the WWE Hall of Famer is back on the blue brand!”
WWE has also announced an ‘In-Zayn segment, featuring Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura. Sami Zayn will challenge Nakamura for the gold on next week’s show (which will be taped tonight). The segment preview reads:
“Just a week before Sami Zayn gets his Intercontinental Title opportunity, The Master Strategist will welcome titleholder Shinsuke Nakamura and his Head-Banging Herald, Rick Boogs, on to a special edition of “In-Zayn.”
Previously announced for the show, Charlotte Flair will defend her SmackDown Women’s Championship against Naomi. Aliyah and Natalya are also scheduled to face off in a ‘Dungeon style’ bout.
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker, at this link.
- Full Recap – Tony Khan Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call
- Report: WWE Using Robert Roode To ‘Teach’ Veer Mahaan
- Here’s Who Decided Stephanie McMahon Should Replace Vince McMahon
- Original Plan For Jon Moxley At Forbidden Door Before CM Punk Injury
- Lineup For AEW Blood & Guts Match Revealed
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – June 24, 2022
- Lio Rush Explains The Difference Between NXT & WWE Raw Locker Room (Exclusive)
- Real Reason Sammy Guevara Joined Jericho Appreciation Society
- Sasha Banks Spotted With Another New Look
- Kenny Omega On Production Challenges Faced With AEW Fight Forever Console Game