A new update has shed more light on the contract statuses of Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows.
A recent report from Fightful Select (subscription required) stated that The Good Brothers are with IMPACT Wrestling ‘at least until late in the summer’, indicating that the duo had signed contract extensions, as their deals were up on July 17.
Per Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Gallows and Anderson aren’t actually under contract with IMPACT.
Noting that they’re expected to work with NJPW more moving forward, Meltzer wrote:
“Unless something changed and we hadn’t heard that it did, tag champs Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows final week under contract was this past week. Obviously they are still going to work here since they didn’t drop the belts at the tapings. But they are also expected to work more New Japan and that may become their focus.”
The Good Brothers won the IMPACT Tag Team Championship from The Briscoes at Slammiversary on June 19. Anderson is also the current NEVER Openweight Champion for NJPW, winning the gold from Tama Tonga at Dominion on June 12.
Fightful’s previous report revealed that Gallows and Anderson are committed to NJPW until at least Wrestle Kingdom in January 2023.
- Antonio Inoki Passes Away Aged 79
- White Rabbit Clues Continue On WWE SmackDown
- Wrestling World Reacts To Passing Of Antonio Inoki
- Kevin Dunn Trends On Twitter As Fans React To Production Botch
- Andrade El Idolo AEW Career At Stake Next Week Live On AEW Rampage
- Tension Backstage At WWE SmackDown
- WWE SmackDown Season Premiere Date Announced
- Drew McIntyre Throws Shade At Logan Paul
- Wrestling Legend Calls Sami Zayn ‘Top Performer In This Entire Industry’
- WWE Raw Stars Make Surprise Appearances On SmackDown