Unless you’ve been living under a rock over the past 24 hours, you will have seen the news that NXT 2.0 star WALTER is now called Gunther.
This decision has not gone down well with…anyone as far as we can see, but a fellow NXT star is now taking credit for the name change. It’s always good to have someone to blame.
Grayson Waller is claiming WALTER was too close to his surname, so it had to be changed.
Just so everyone knows, Walter was just too close to Waller, so I spoke to my lawyers, and they are GOOD at what they do. You’re welcome
— Grayson Waller (@GraysonWWE) January 19, 2022
While Grayson is likely joking, you wouldn’t exactly put it past WWE. When Alex Zayne was signed, he was forced to change his name as it had a slight resemblance to Zayda Ramier.
We’ll have to see whether the huge backlash to the name change will make WWE change its mind, or perhaps we’re getting the Gunter Experience next week.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite
- VIDEOS: New AEW Fight Forever Character Spotlight Gameplay Clips
- Bryan Danielson Shares Warning For Retired Star Amid In-Ring Return Rumors