Japanese wrestling legend the Great Muta has made a surprise return to New Japan Pro-Wrestling as part of his farewell tour.
Earlier this year, the Great Muta an appearance at AEW Rampage: Grand Slam, where he helped save Sting from the House of Black. It was then announced that Sting will participate in the Great Muta’s final match at the ‘Great Muta Final “Bye Bye”’ event on January 22, 2023.
The Keiji Muto persona appeared at the October 26 NJPW Battle Autumn event, helping Toru Yano advance to the quarterfinals of the NJPW WORLD TV Title tournament.
It looks like the Great Muta will be making more appearances for the company, as the NJPW Global Twitter account posted:
“‘I’m kill him!’ Great Muta wants to team with Toru Yano and Kazuchika Okada to face Great-O-Khan at Historic X-Over November 20?!? #NJPWxSTARDOM #njautumn”
The Great Muta is currently on his retirement tour, and will wrestle his last match under his real name of Keiji Muto on February 21, 2023.
Following the October 26 show, the quarterfinal matches for the NJPW WORLD TV Championship tournament are now set. You can read the latest updates from the tournament right here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Star Pulled From Raw, WrestleMania Status Uncertain?
- Update On Dominik Mysterio Vs. Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Plans
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- AEW World Champion MJF Set For Surprising Indie Appearance
- WWE Star Vents Anger At Fans After Being ‘Followed’ At Airport
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Jey Uso Answers To Roman Reigns On WWE Raw
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Cody Rhodes Drives Big Wedge Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa?