Intercontinental Champion Gunther has now declared himself the ‘Pro Wrestling Champion’ of WWE.
The Ring General took to Twitter with a photo of himself and the Intercontinental Title with the simple caption:
PRO WRESTLING CHAMPION
Pro wrestling was a previously ‘banned’ term in WWE, with Vince McMahon preferring for the product to be referred to as ‘sports entertainment’.
With Triple H taking over creative following McMahon’s retirement, a number previously banned terms are no longer viewed as taboo.
Gunther won the Intercontinental Championship from Ricochet on the June 10 edition of SmackDown.
He is currently feuding with Shinsuke Nakamura, with the two stars scheduled to clash in a title bout on the upcoming August 12 episode.
Gunther’s latest TV bout aired on the July 4 edition of Raw, against R-Truth, but the popular star has been active on the house show circuit, most recently in action during the August 7 Sunday Stunner event.
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker right here.
PRO WRESTLING CHAMPION pic.twitter.com/YkV1B5ZrGv
— GUNTHER (@Gunther_AUT) August 8, 2022
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Malakai Black Denies Being Granted AEW Release
- AEW Backstage Reaction To Malakai Black & Buddy Matthews Departures Revealed
- Candice LeRae Makes WWE Return On WWE Raw
- Latest White Rabbit Code Links To Mysterious Tik Tok Video
- Report: Tony Khan Not Granting Any AEW Releases
- Major Hint That ‘White Rabbit’ Could Be Malakai Black?
- Big Change To AEW Dynamite Due To Hurricane Ian
- Trish Stratus Teases ‘Secret’ WWE Project
- Dark Side Of The Ring Co-Creator Comments On Future Of The Series
- Update On Swerve Strickland & Keith Lee Being Contacted By WWE