Gunther has revealed whether WWE pushed for the star to move to the United States ahead of his main roster call-up.
After years of resisting and refusing to, Gunther finally moved to the U.S. and joined the NXT 2.0 brand before his main roster debut on SmackDown
Speaking with Cultaholic Wrestling, the SmackDown star spoke about a number of topics, including if WWE asked for him to move stateside after a dominant run in NXT UK.
“They never pushed me to do anything. They have always been good to me. Literally, they [have] never asked me to change anything about myself or what I wanted to do and stuff like that. They [have] always been very good to me. I just figured myself.
In general, in life I am big about being proactive about things that happen. I think you never get If you don’t ask, is that smart saying. So I just brought it up myself and I said, ‘I’m ready to doing that’”
Gunther made his debut on the April 8 episode of SmackDown with the former Marcel Barthel, now known as Ludwig Kaiser. He has been undefeated so far on the main roster.
Stay up to date with the current win-loss record of the WWE roster at this link.
Quotes via Sescoops
- Sami Zayn Makes Bold Statement On Twitter After Bloodline Betrayal At Royal Rumble
- Big News On John Cena WrestleMania 39 Schedule
- ‘Major Interest’ In Popular Free Agent, Fans Suspect AEW Or WWE
- New Sami Zayn Shirt Revealed Following WWE Royal Rumble
- Brandi Rhodes Comments On Departure From AEW
- NXT Star Teases WWE Main Roster Call-Up?
- Roman Reigns Reaction To Logan Paul Royal Rumble Performance
- WWE Match Mysteriously Pulled From Show With No Explanation
- Hilarious Cody Rhodes Pornstar Moment Has Fans’ Eyebrows Raising
- VIDEO: WWE 2K23 Official Gameplay Trailer