The 2023 WWE Draft is officially in the books, with the rosters set to take effect starting with next week’s (May 8) episode of Raw.
Over the two nights of the Draft, various WWE Hall of Famers were brought in for cameo appearances, where they would announce picks for Raw and SmackDown.
Some of the names who appeared were Shawn Michaels, Road Dogg, Teddy Long, JBL and Rob Van Dam, but another all-time great could have appeared on the show.
Speaking on the Kurt Angle Show, Kurt Angle revealed that he was asked to appear on the show, but he ultimately declined as he was busy that day.
“I was asked to do it and I couldn’t, unfortunately. I wish I could have. I would have loved to be there and announce a draft pick, but unfortunately, I was busy that day and I couldn’t do it.”
Three WWE Hall of Famers were drafted as a part of the 2023 Draft, with Trish Stratus being drafted to Raw, while Edge and Rey Mysterio are headed to SmackDown.
transcription via WrestlingNews.co
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?
- NXT Talent To Be Contestant On ABC’s ‘The Bachelorette’
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- WWE Beats Jesus, Donald Trump & More For Incredible World Record
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- VIDEOS: New AEW Fight Forever Gameplay Clips Show Off Fun Features