AEW star Hangman Page has addressed the numerous injuries that members of the roster are currently dealing with.
A number of AEW stars are on the shelf or wrestling through injuries, with AEW World Champion CM Punk notably out of action after suffering a broken foot earlier this month.
A new report has revealed that, despite a lot of the current injuries being documented, there are some in the locker-room who are quietly dealing with issues.
Speaking with Wrestling Inc, Hangman Page admitted that wrestling is ‘more scary’ to him now, after watching his friends deal with injuries in their lives outside of the ring.
Sharing his thoughts on the current situation, Page said:
“I’ve now been around and known people who’ve had to quit, or retire, or who had just grueling injuries, or things they’ll carry with them forever. It’s fun to watch, but in some ways, it’s becoming less fun to watch too. I guess I am just kind of realizing the gravity of that kind of stuff.
“It’s maybe a more physical style than wrestling has been for the past couple of decades.
“But you’ve got to take into consideration, it’s not the ’70s or ’80s, we are not all gassed up and tearing our bodies apart in that way. We are not all dealing with substance abuse stuff, so we are generally, across the board, healthier.”
“My body has way more time to heal right now than it ever has before. So you take all that into consideration and like, when you wrestle once every two, or three, or four, or eight weeks, or whatever the hell it is, you kind of want to go all out. I’ll never knock anybody for that.”
Stay up to date with every injured AEW star’s expected return dates using our AEW injury tracker.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
- AEW’s Miro Seemingly Agrees He ‘Had It Better’ In WWE
- Latest On AEW Stars Missing From ‘AEW: Fight Forever’ Roster
- WWE Star Angel Teases Return To Old Ring Name
- FTR Announced For AEW Dynamite: Quake By The Lake
- Finn Balor Vs Rey Mysterio Added To August 8 WWE Raw
- NXT Star Tatum Paxley Injured At House Show
- Latest On Lacey Evans WWE Status After SmackDown Absence
- Several WWE Talents Have Had ‘Direct Meetings’ With Triple H Regarding Creative
- Jamie Hayter Suffers Broken Nose During AEW Battle Of The Belts III
- X-Pac Believes Logan Paul Could Be WWE Champion Material