Last night (July 16) it was revealed that former WWE star Harry Smith (David Hart Smith) had returned to the company, where he teamed with Austin Theory in a dark match.
Smith was not featured on the SmackDown show, but an interview with him aired on WWE’s YouTube channel, where he explained his return to the company.
“You know it’s great to be back in the WWE, especially in front of the WWE Universe live here in Houston, Texas. The atmosphere, the ambience, the energy that you can feel from a live WWE audience, nothing can touch that. And that’s why Harry Smith is back in the WWE. The past ten years I’ve been going around the globe, making myself the best competitor that I can be all over in Japan, all over in Europe. And that’s why I’m back in the WWE, to show exactly how much Harry Smith has grown over this past time.”
It remains to be seen how Smith features into the company’s plans, but he was using the Harry Smith name during the interview.
Last night’s SmackDown was the first back in front of fans, and was capped off with Seth Rollins defeating Big E, Kevin Owens and Shinsuke Nakamura in a four-way.
transcription via Inside The Ropes
- Karrion Kross’ Status For WWE Clash At The Castle Main Event Revealed
- Big Name Fired By WWE, Triple H Re-Signs Another Released Star, Logan Paul Backstage Heat – News Bulletin – August 9, 2022
- Dexter Lumis Returns On WWE Raw
- WWE Finds Another $5 Million In Payments By Vince McMahon That Should Have Been Classed As Company Expenses
- Hilarious Video Of Tony Khan At Sammy Guevara & Tay Conti’s Wedding
- WWE 2K23 Officially Confirmed, Release Date Window Revealed?
- AEW Star Malakai Black Reveals He Recently Survived Career-Threatening Injury
- WWE Star Calls Out Logan Paul For Not Following Backstage Etiquette
- Tony Khan Drops Huge Tease For AEW ‘Quake By The Lake’
- Huge Change Coming To AEW PPVs?