WWE star Finn Balor has commented on his current character, noting that he wants to have a real heel run in WWE.
Speaking with Mark Andrews on the My Love Letter To Wrestling podcast, Balor recalled past runs as a bad guy, recalling his time in Japan. Wanting to turn heel on Raw or SmackDown, Balor said:
“I really, really want to work on the heel aspect of Finn, like RAW/SmackDown level.
“I’ve kind of done it in Japan. We tried to do it in NXT, but it went in a different direction. I would really love to have a real heel run.”
Balor turned heel on NXT in October 2019, feuding with Johnny Gargano and Matt Riddle, before transitioning back into a face in 2020. The former Universal Champion returned to the main roster in July 2021, joining the SmackDown roster. The popular star was drafted to Raw in the 2021 WWE Draft.
Later in the interview, Balor explained how ‘politics‘ led to his second NXT run.
Quote via WrestlingNews.co.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite
- What Bandido Was Wearing On AEW Dynamite Explained
- Big Forbidden Door 2023 Teases On AEW Dynamite?
- VIDEOS: New AEW Fight Forever Character Spotlight Gameplay Clips
- Bryan Danielson Shares Warning For Retired Star Amid In-Ring Return Rumors
- Tony Khan Provides Latest On Potential AEW Streaming Deal