WWE star Finn Balor has commented on his current character, noting that he wants to have a real heel run in WWE.
Speaking with Mark Andrews on the My Love Letter To Wrestling podcast, Balor recalled past runs as a bad guy, recalling his time in Japan. Wanting to turn heel on Raw or SmackDown, Balor said:
“I really, really want to work on the heel aspect of Finn, like RAW/SmackDown level.
“I’ve kind of done it in Japan. We tried to do it in NXT, but it went in a different direction. I would really love to have a real heel run.”
Balor turned heel on NXT in October 2019, feuding with Johnny Gargano and Matt Riddle, before transitioning back into a face in 2020. The former Universal Champion returned to the main roster in July 2021, joining the SmackDown roster. The popular star was drafted to Raw in the 2021 WWE Draft.
Later in the interview, Balor explained how ‘politics‘ led to his second NXT run.
Quote via WrestlingNews.co.
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 18, 2022
- Bryan Danielson AEW Rampage Injury A Work?
- Ember Moon Seemingly Ruled Out As AEW Joker
- Update On Sasha Banks WWE Backstage Heat
- Huge Announcement Regarding Roman Reigns WWE Future
- Johnny Elite Debuts On AEW Dynamite In Owen Cup
- Major Kenny Omega AEW Update
- Fans Excited As AJ Lee Potentially Teases In-Ring Return
- AEW Rampage Spoilers As Another Former WWE Star Debuts
- Chris Jericho & William Regal Set Up Huge Match For AEW Double Or Nothing