CM Punk made his historic return to professional wrestling back on August 20 on AEW Rampage: The First Dance, just in case you were not aware.
During the show, ProWrestlingTees released a new CM Punk AEW t-shirt, which resulted in the site crashing due to high traffic, with the shirt breaking all records for the previous best selling shirt.
Tony Khan made his appearance on Busted Open Radio this week, and we went into details about how CM Punk has helped business for AEW. He said:
“What he’s done for our attendance, record TV ratings, record PPV buys. We set a live attendance mark in Chicago. We’ve set all new kinds of merchandising records . We sold over a 100,000 CM Punk shirts. We’ve sold thousands and thousands of ice cream bars since he started giving those away. You know, he’s absolutely changed our business. And that was the expectation when he came in. I spent years literally talking to CM Punk, talking to him about AEW, what it could be and how much it would mean to us if he could come back to the ring in AEW. He’s doing it.”
This led to a lot of hard work from the ProWrestlingTees crew, and Punk himself bought them pizza in reward for their efforts.
transcription via RingsideNews
- Graphic Photo Of Becky Lynch Injury After NXT No Mercy 2023
- Edge ‘Too Loyal To WWE’ For AEW Debut Says Hall Of Famer
- New Update On Potential Edge AEW Debut Ahead Of WrestleDream
- WWE Faction Officially Breaking Up
- Carmelo Hayes Addresses NXT Championship Loss At No Mercy 2023
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match
- Another Major Title Change At NXT No Mercy
- Bryan Danielson Discusses Edge Potentially Joining AEW Ahead Of WrestleDream
- Update On Canceled TV Series Featuring CM Punk
- Jon Moxley Pushing For AEW To Sign Top Free Agent