CM Punk made his historic return to professional wrestling back on August 20 on AEW Rampage: The First Dance, just in case you were not aware.
During the show, ProWrestlingTees released a new CM Punk AEW t-shirt, which resulted in the site crashing due to high traffic, with the shirt breaking all records for the previous best selling shirt.
Tony Khan made his appearance on Busted Open Radio this week, and we went into details about how CM Punk has helped business for AEW. He said:
“What he’s done for our attendance, record TV ratings, record PPV buys. We set a live attendance mark in Chicago. We’ve set all new kinds of merchandising records . We sold over a 100,000 CM Punk shirts. We’ve sold thousands and thousands of ice cream bars since he started giving those away. You know, he’s absolutely changed our business. And that was the expectation when he came in. I spent years literally talking to CM Punk, talking to him about AEW, what it could be and how much it would mean to us if he could come back to the ring in AEW. He’s doing it.”
This led to a lot of hard work from the ProWrestlingTees crew, and Punk himself bought them pizza in reward for their efforts.
transcription via RingsideNews
- Hit Row Return On WWE SmackDown
- Tony Khan Officially Announces Parker Boudreaux Is All Elite
- Karrion Kross References Release In Promo On SmackDown
- Swerve Strickland Reacts To Hit Row WWE Return On SmackDown
- Tyson Fury Announces Retirement From Boxing
- Talent Believe The WWE Draft Is Coming After Clash At The Castle
- Former WWE Referee Scott Armstrong Appears On IMPACT Emergence
- Another Legal Update On Jeff Hardy DUI Case
- NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 16 Results
- Vince McMahon Planned On Burying Gunther Following July 4 Raw