Vince McMahon opened up this Friday’s (June 17) episode of SmackDown, just 48 hours after the investigations against him were made public.
The appearance was made to drum up interest in the show, with many people tuning in to wonder what McMahon would say on the show, and it appears to have had an effect on the ratings.
Per Brandon Thurston, the overnight ratings for this week’s show came in at 2.274 million ratings, which is projected to around 2.4 million for the final rating, the highest for the show since September.
However, interestingly, the second hour of the show, capped off with the big Roman Reigns vs Riddle Undisputed WWE Universal Championship match, was actually more watched than the opening segment with McMahon.
Prelim rating for Smackdown last night with Vince McMahon’s brief appearance at the start of the show is 2,274,000.
Expecting 2.4 million for the final, to be reported Monday. Would be highest since at least Sep.
Surprisingly Hour 2 was more highly viewed than Hour 1.
— Brandon Thurston (@BrandonThurston) June 18, 2022
- Tyson Fury Announces Retirement From Boxing
- Vince McMahon Planned On Burying Gunther Following July 4 Raw
- NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 16 Results
- Former WWE Referee Scott Armstrong Appears On IMPACT Emergence
- Deonna Purrazzo & Chelsea Green Win Knockouts Tag Team Championships At IMPACT Emergence
- Results For NXT Level Up August 12, 2022
- Kris Statlander Reveals She Requires Surgery For ‘Completely Torn ACL’
- Report: Bray Wyatt ‘Likely Back’ In WWE Soon
- FTW & Tag Team Championships Will Be Defended On AEW Rampage August 19
- Finn Balor Says He Will Be In Cardiff For Clash At The Castle