Vince McMahon opened up this Friday’s (June 17) episode of SmackDown, just 48 hours after the investigations against him were made public.
The appearance was made to drum up interest in the show, with many people tuning in to wonder what McMahon would say on the show, and it appears to have had an effect on the ratings.
Per Brandon Thurston, the overnight ratings for this week’s show came in at 2.274 million ratings, which is projected to around 2.4 million for the final rating, the highest for the show since September.
However, interestingly, the second hour of the show, capped off with the big Roman Reigns vs Riddle Undisputed WWE Universal Championship match, was actually more watched than the opening segment with McMahon.
Prelim rating for Smackdown last night with Vince McMahon’s brief appearance at the start of the show is 2,274,000.
Expecting 2.4 million for the final, to be reported Monday. Would be highest since at least Sep.
Surprisingly Hour 2 was more highly viewed than Hour 1.
— Brandon Thurston (@BrandonThurston) June 18, 2022
- WWE Star Set For Big Push Heading Into WrestleMania 40
- WWE Star Wants Rubber Match Against Major Free Agent
- Jack Perry ‘Scapegoat’ Video Airs Ahead Of In-Ring Return
- WWE Star Pulled From Elimination Chamber Card Reacts To Event
- WWE Star Earns Second Place At Jiu Jitsu World League Tournament
- Top WWE Star Pushing To Return From Injury Before WrestleMania 40
- Absent WWE Star Makes Public Appearance Ahead Of In-Ring Return
- Spoiler On Popular AEW Star’s Upcoming Return
- AEW Star Pulled From Collision Due To Illness, Replacement Announced
- What Happened After Kazuchika Okada NJPW Farewell Match