Tonight’s edition (July 22) edition of WWE SmackDown kicked off with Stephanie McMahon, already in the ring.
The heir apparent did not have any televised entrance, rather began the show by thanking fans while announcing very quickly to television audiences that her Father, Vince McMahon was retiring.
The crowd interrupted her to chant, “Thank you, Vince!” and Stephanie responded she was attempting to get there.
Stephanie told the cheering crowd, “This is the WWE Universe and we are eternally grateful for all of you. But since Vince had the opportunity to thank us, I think this is the moment we take to thank him.”
Leading the crowd in a chant of “Thank you Vince,” Stephanie appeared emotional as she mouthed to the camera, “I love you, Dad.”
Cameras then quickly cut to the crowd as the Street Profits music hit and the show continued with Michael Cole saying, “How about we do what WWE does best? Entertain the world!”
You can keep up with all the breaking wrestling news by heading back here to our homepage and following us on your favorite form of social media, may it be Twitter, Facebook or Instagram!
.@StephMcMahon addresses the WWE Universe to kick off Friday Night #SmackDown! pic.twitter.com/7PgqTuqSi8
— WWE (@WWE) July 23, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- Tony Khan Courting Goldberg For AEW All In?
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing