On the January 5 episode of AEW Dynamite, former AEW tag champion Rey Fenix was chokeslammed through a table, a spot which resulted in the Luchador dislocating his left arm.
The was initially feared the arm was broken, but thankfully x-rays showed there was no fracture in the bone.
It was unknown at the time how long the injury would force Fénix to spend away from the ring, but Dave Meltzer had a positive report on today’s Wrestling Observer Radio.
According to Meltzer, we can expect to see him back in the ring in February. He said:
“Fénix – hopeful for mid-February. So not out as long as we perhaps feared when we first saw the injury.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page
Fénix and Lucha Bros tag partner Pénta El Zero M lost the tag titles to Jurassic Express in the same match Fénix was injured, so we’ll have to see whether they’ll be re-inserted into the title picture when they’re both fit and healthy.
You can keep up to date with all AEW injuries right here on our injury tracker.
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 18, 2022
- Bryan Danielson AEW Rampage Injury A Work?
- Ember Moon Seemingly Ruled Out As AEW Joker
- Update On Sasha Banks WWE Backstage Heat
- Johnny Elite Debuts On AEW Dynamite In Owen Cup
- Huge Announcement Regarding Roman Reigns WWE Future
- Fans Excited As AJ Lee Potentially Teases In-Ring Return
- AEW Rampage Spoilers As Another Former WWE Star Debuts
- Chris Jericho & William Regal Set Up Huge Match For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Truth Behind Naomi WWE Walk Out Revealed?