Despite it being rumoured in the week’s leading up to the show, many fans were still shocked to see Edge return to WWE in the Royal Rumble match on Sunday night. This was Edge’s first match in nearly nine years.
However, it seems like the majority of the WWE roster were not too surprised to see the Rated-R Superstar in the match as they had been aware of his return for some time.
According to Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful Select, WWE stars have known for sure that Edge was going to be returning in the Royal Rumble match for a number of weeks.
He goes on to add that before the abysmal main event of Hell in a Cell back in October 2019 between The Fiend and Seth Rollins, many people were talking backstage about the fact that Edge had been cleared to return to the ring:
“Many within WWE have known that Edge was set for a Royal Rumble return for several weeks. As mentioned on the air, his return was the talk of Hell in a Cell backstage, well before everything went down”.
Edge returned to Raw last night but was RKO’ed by former tag team partner Randy Orton. It has been reported that Edge and Randy will go one-on-one at WrestleMania 36 in April, nine years after Edge’s last WrestleMania match.
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- Bianca Belair’s Hilarious Response To Bizarre Asuka WWE Trend
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- Who Advanced To The WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match From Raw
- Former WWE Star Tells Current Star To ‘Text Triple H’ Following Independent Show
- What Sami Zayn Had To Say About The Bloodline Implosion On WWE Raw
- AEW Star Questions Crowd Reactions To CM Punk Ahead Of ‘Big Deal’ Return
- Absent AEW Star Rejected Recent Return Plans
- Update On Brock Lesnar WWE Schedule Ahead Of SummerSlam