Backstage details on when Sasha Banks and NJPW agreed to a deal with one another.
Many fans are buzzing over the report that NJPW plans on bringing Sasha Banks into the company for Wrestle Kingdom 17 at the Tokyo Dome.
As previously reported, Banks, real name Mercedes Varnado, negotiated her WWE exit with the company “months ago”.
Fightful Select (subscription required) has provided an update on when Mercedes agreed upon a deal with New Japan Pro Wrestling. The report notes that the deal is a go and was agreed upon as far back as the last week of November.
Those familiar with the deal said they haven’t heard of anything regarding Sasha Banks and AEW yet, but also stated that doesn’t mean it isn’t happening.
KAIRI is currently scheduled to face Tam Nakano for the IWGP Women’s Championship on January 4 at NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17.
Many have speculated that Mercedes Varnado will be involved with the post match for the bout.
Stay up to date with our stats page at this link.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- CM Punk Blasts Tony Khan, Chris Jericho & More In Now-Deleted Instagram Post
- Latest News On CM Punk AEW Return After Recent Teases
- Chris Jericho Responds To CM Punk Instagram Story
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Saturday, March 25
- Real Reason Top Star Missed AEW Dynamite
- Big Update On Stone Cold Steve Austin WrestleMania 39 Plans?
- WWE Star Responds To Standout AEW Dynamite Performance
- Naomi Confirms WWE Departure?
- Top WWE Star Says Doctors ‘Aren’t Letting Them Compete’
- Wade Barrett Wants Top Free Agent To Sign With WWE