As we know from having watched the Great Khali, 7-foot tall Indian people are really good as wrestling, so it’s no surprise AEW has just announced the signing of former NBA star Satnam Singh.
Singh is 7 feet, 2 inches tall, and really stands out on AEW’s roster, and not just because he’s really tall. For reference, he’s the same height as Omos, and we all know how nimble he is.
It seems the reason AEW has made the move to sign Singh is that, according to the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the promotion has recently signed a new TV deal with Eurosport in India.
Dave Meltzer writes:
AEW has signed Satnam Singh, a 7-foot-2 center from India who was drafted by the Dallas Mavericks as the 52nd player picked in 2015. He played NBA Summer League and G League at 290 pounds for a few years, and played in some other minor leagues. He was one of the few players in the last 20 years drafted without playing any college basketball. This has to do with AEW getting television on Eurosport in India. He will start training at the Nightmare Factory in Atlanta under QT Marshall and Cody Rhodes.
As Meltzer notes, Singh will start training at the Nightmare Factory. Well I was thinking the Nightmare Family faction could use even more members.
- ‘You Become A Liability’ – Current WWE Name Breaks Silence On Matt Riddle Being Released
- Becky Lynch Gives Brutally Honest Assessment Of WWE Women’s Booking
- Rare Roman Reigns Match Added To Upcoming WWE Show
- Big Change To WWE Fastlane Match Confirmed?
- Several In WWE ‘Unhappy’ With Recent Release
- Matt Riddle Makes Cryptic Announcement After WWE Release
- Update On WWE ‘Breach Of Contract’ Case
- Spoilers For AEW Championship Matches Ahead Of WrestleDream
- WWE Star Using IMPACT Wrestler’s Entrance Music
- Major Update On Edge WWE Status Amid Departure Rumours