If you had been paying attention to the advertising for this week’s AEW Dynamite, you may have noticed that an advertised match was left off of last night’s show.
Former AEW Tag Team Champions FTR were supposed to be facing off against Brock Anderson and Lee Johnson, but as reported by PWInsider, the match was pulled due to medical protocols.
The report reads:
AEW’s medical protocols led to FTR vs. Brock Anderson & Lee Johnson being pulled from last night’s edition of Dynamite, PWInsider.com has learned.
The promotion’s plan is to still hold the bout down the line when possible.
Dave Meltzer has reported on Wrestling Observer Radio that the medical protocols were not related to FTR, and PWInsider has added to its initial report that everyone involved in the cancelled match is expected to be fine.
PWInsider added Covid-19 protocols meant the match had to be cancelled due to someone coming into close contact with a positive case.
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Dominik Mysterio Reacts To Recent WWE Releases
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?
- The Miz Comments On Dolph Ziggler WWE Release
- Update On Former WWE Stars Signing New WWE Deals
- Released WWE Star ‘Promises To Keep Going’ Following Release
- WWE Tag Team Returns On SmackDown