If you had been paying attention to the advertising for this week’s AEW Dynamite, you may have noticed that an advertised match was left off of last night’s show.
Former AEW Tag Team Champions FTR were supposed to be facing off against Brock Anderson and Lee Johnson, but as reported by PWInsider, the match was pulled due to medical protocols.
The report reads:
AEW’s medical protocols led to FTR vs. Brock Anderson & Lee Johnson being pulled from last night’s edition of Dynamite, PWInsider.com has learned.
The promotion’s plan is to still hold the bout down the line when possible.
Dave Meltzer has reported on Wrestling Observer Radio that the medical protocols were not related to FTR, and PWInsider has added to its initial report that everyone involved in the cancelled match is expected to be fine.
PWInsider added Covid-19 protocols meant the match had to be cancelled due to someone coming into close contact with a positive case.
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 18, 2022
- Bryan Danielson AEW Rampage Injury A Work?
- Ember Moon Seemingly Ruled Out As AEW Joker
- Update On Sasha Banks WWE Backstage Heat
- Johnny Elite Debuts On AEW Dynamite In Owen Cup
- AEW Rampage Spoilers As Another Former WWE Star Debuts
- Chris Jericho & William Regal Set Up Huge Match For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Truth Behind Naomi WWE Walk Out Revealed?
- Jimmy Uso Shares Support For Naomi And Sasha Banks
- Update On Miro’s Whereabouts During AEW Absence