It is being reported that the booking of last night’s Elimination Chamber main event was all down to Paul Heyman, who is very high on Shayna Baszler, despite reports that Vince McMahon is not.
If you didn’t watch the show, Shayna entered the chamber at the second pod opening, and proceeded to beat everyone incredibly quickly, including Asuka, who was presented as the only credible threat to Shayna’s WrestleMania hopes.
The match has been slated across social media, with fans calling is bad booking and boring, while others have praised the match for building Shayna as an unbeatable star.
According to a WrestlingNews.co source, the feeling backstage was that everyone already knew it was going to be Shayna Baszler vs. Becky Lynch at WrestleMania, so there was no point booking anything other than her effectively burying the rest of the roster.
She plays the role of monster heel very well, but it does appear she is struggling to connect with the main roster audience. Her in-ring style is very different to what fans see on a week to week basis, and it feels as though people just don’t get the appeal.
Hopefully by the time WrestleMania comes around this will have changed, but for now it seems Shayna has a tough task ahead if she wants to get some genuine heat.
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite
- What Bandido Was Wearing On AEW Dynamite Explained
- Big Forbidden Door 2023 Teases On AEW Dynamite?
- VIDEOS: New AEW Fight Forever Character Spotlight Gameplay Clips
- Bryan Danielson Shares Warning For Retired Star Amid In-Ring Return Rumors
- Tony Khan Provides Latest On Potential AEW Streaming Deal