WWE has started getting some more mainstream celebrities involved with its programming, and Stephanie McMahon has explained why.
So far this year, Bad Bunny appeared at Royal Rumble for a concert and all of a sudden has a singles match against two-time WWE Champion The Miz at WrestleMania in a couple of weeks.
On top of that, it was announced just last night during SmackDown that Logan Paul will be appearing on next week’s episode of the show.
Speaking with Bloomberg, WWE Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon explained:
“We recognize there’s a huge percentage of the population that isn’t WWE fans that we want to attract. At the same time we also want to get athletes, pop culture influencers and celebrities into our programming for the same reason. The rising tide really raises all boats in terms of audience and growth.”
Logan Paul has been interacting with Sami Zayn on Twitter regarding the storyline ‘conspiracies’ against Zayn from WWE management, and Paul will be appearing on SmackDown next week as Zayn premieres his documentary in an attempt to reveal these conspiracies.
Zayn is scheduled for a match against Kevin Owens at WrestleMania, but it’s not yet been announced whether Paul will be there for that or not.
Quote via Ringside News
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For August 12
- Tony Khan Addresses Rumors About AEW Backstage Unhappiness
- Tony Khan Provides Clarification On Huge Rumored Change To AEW Pay-Per-Views
- CM Punk Returns On AEW Dynamite Quake By The Lake
- Amari Miller Deletes Twitter After Controversial Sasha Banks Comment Causes Huge Backlash
- Freddie Prinze Jr Wanted Karrion Kross As His First Champion
- AEW Trios Championship Tournament Bracket Revealed
- Britt Baker Fuels Speculation About MJF With Recent Instagram Post
- Miro Argues WWE Schedule Is ‘Too Much’
- AEW Dark Elevation Spoilers For August 15