It has been another bad time for several people within WWE today, as it’s been reported by both PWInsider and Sean Ross Sapp that a number of staff have been fired by Vince McMahon’s company.
Among those let go are Raw commentator Adnan Virk, who only started in the role last month. According to WWE, the decision to release Virk was mutual.
In a new report, PWInsider has explained why there were so many releases today. The report reads:
“PWInsider.com has been told by multiple sources that a number of the divisions will be folded together under one division and will now be overseen directly by Kevin Dunn.
“One of the reasons for so many departures is that over the last year, the company has determined there were too many redundancies across multiple departments in those areas. “
The report noted that there were two graphics departments, and these have now been merged into one, leading to members of these departments being let go.
PWInsider continued by saying that the COVID-19 pandemic has shown higher ups in WWE that the promotion can run successfully with a far smaller team than previously thought, meaning the cuts are a case of getting rid of people who aren’t 100% required.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- Bianca Belair’s Hilarious Response To Bizarre Asuka WWE Trend
- WWE Tag Team Set For Match Against Each Other?
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- AEW Star Questions Crowd Reactions To CM Punk Ahead Of ‘Big Deal’ Return
- Absent AEW Star Rejected Recent Return Plans