Among those let go are Raw commentator Adnan Virk, who only started in the role last month. According to WWE, the decision to release Virk was mutual.
In a new report, PWInsider has explained why there were so many releases today. The report reads:
“PWInsider.com has been told by multiple sources that a number of the divisions will be folded together under one division and will now be overseen directly by Kevin Dunn.
“One of the reasons for so many departures is that over the last year, the company has determined there were too many redundancies across multiple departments in those areas. “
The report noted that there were two graphics departments, and these have now been merged into one, leading to members of these departments being let go.
PWInsider continued by saying that the COVID-19 pandemic has shown higher ups in WWE that the promotion can run successfully with a far smaller team than previously thought, meaning the cuts are a case of getting rid of people who aren’t 100% required.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- Killer Kross Scrapped AEW Plans Revealed
- Corey Graves ‘Toned Down’ What WWE Wanted Him To Say About Sasha Banks & Naomi
- CM Punk Posts Very Emotional Tweet Following Texas School Shooting Ahead Of AEW Dynamite
- AEW Star Ethan Page Wants More Ring & Microphone Time In AEW
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Weekend Due To Injury
- Jack Evans ‘Super Disappointed’ About Match With Kenny Omega
- Ricky Starks Says Cody Rhodes Is Still His Go-To Person For Advice