WWE has come to terms with Hideo Itami on his release from WWE.
It was reported several weeks ago that the former KENTA had asked for his release from the promotion, following years of him treading water on 205 Live and NXT.
Itami is expected to return to old stomping grounds Pro Wrestling NOAH in Japan to help the once-great promotion rebuild under new ownership. The former NOAH ace returned to the group in the summer as a one-off as part of Naomichi Marufuji’s 20th anniversary show and was given a hero’s welcome.
It has been noted that Itami may have it written into his contract that he cannot wrestle for other promotions outside of Japan, but that is merely speculation at this point and is not confirmed.
Itami becomes the second WWE release of the day following Tye Dillinger being granted his contract release having asked to leave on Monday.
Any more for any more?
- WWE Leadership ‘Questioned’ Internally For Not Signing Major Free Agent
- WWE Name Released By The Company
- Major WWE Star Confirmed To Be ‘Free Agent’
- More WWE Departures Confirmed
- Anonymous Major Star Reveals Concerns About CM Punk Vs. Roman Reigns WWE Feud
- Real Reason For Britt Baker AEW Absence Revealed
- WWE Star Discussed As Roman Reigns WWE Royal Rumble 2024 Opponent Revealed
- Identities Of Several WWE Departures Confirmed
- Bryan Danielson Discusses CM Punk’s AEW Departure & WWE Return
- Absent WWE Stars Expected At SmackDown