WWE‘s Hideo Itami has been confirmed for Pro Wrestling NOAH‘s Naomichi Marufuji Anniversary show on September 1st. Itami will participate in the main event against Pro Wrestling NOAH Ace Naomichi Marufuji.
Itami will be making his first appearance in Pro Wrestling NOAH since signing with WWE in 2014. In Pro Wrestling NOAH, Itami (formerly known as KENTA) was a longtime rival of Marufuji and will be wrestling him for the first time since signing with WWE.
Itami has had an injury plagued run with WWE since his debut in NXT in 2014. Following multiple long-term injuries, Itami made his main roster debut in December of 2017 before making the transition to 205 Live. Itami is currently being portrayed as a top contender for Cedric Alexander’s Cruiserweight Championship.
The event will be the Marufuji’s 20th anniversary in the wrestling business and will take place at Sumo Hall in Tokyo, Japan.
Will you be watching Hideo Itami’s return to Pro Wrestling NOAH? Let us know in the comments below or on Twitter here!
- WWE Women’s Star Slaps Braun Strowman (Video)
- AEW Files Trademark On Interesting New Term
- Major Championship Matches Official For December 7 AEW Dynamite
- Wrestling World Unites For Heartwarming Tribute
- AEW Star Announces 2023 Will Be Their Last Year Wrestling
- Sami Zayn Reveals How Far Back Bloodline Story Was Pitched
- Top WWE Star Details Getting Backstage Heat For ‘Nothing They Did’
- AEW Star Says They Had No Idea About Major AEW Moment
- Backstage Details On Scrapped Plans For WWE Star In-Ring Return
- ‘Bidding War’ For WWE Show Delaying Next Episode