More details have now been revealed in the evolving story of Hikaru Shida and the way her character was written out of the Owen Hart Cup.
Hikaru Shida has taken to Twitter to clarify her previous comments regarding why she was removed from the Owen Hart Foundation Cup Tournament, taking to a posting a notes app note to Twitter that reads:
“After my Philadelphia street fight a doctor check from AEW was required to participate in the Owen Hart Cup. And I couldn’t re-enter the country in time. I’m so sorry to disappoint everyone. These difficulties sometimes happen with international talents.
I feel healthy and never stop trying to improve. Please cheer for Kris while I do best in Japan!
Holy Shida will be back soon.”
Hikaru Shida was announced as having suffered an injury during her Philadelphia Street Fight with Serena Deeb on April 27. However, Shida has been wrestling matches for various Japanese promotions interim, including one match for over an hour and a half on May 5.
She was replaced in the tournament by Kris Statlander as announced on last night’s AEW Rampage.
The Owen Hart Foundation Cup Tournament continues on this week’s upcoming edition of AEW Dynamite as Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D. is scheduled to take on a Joker, the women’s tournament’s surprise entrant.
— HIKARU SHIDA 志田 光 (@shidahikaru) May 14, 2022
- WATCH Fight Break Out Between Fan And Wrestler Joe Black At Independent Show
- IMPACT Wrestling Taping SPOILERS & A Famous Faction Returns
- William Regal Compares Putting Over AEW Star Danhausen To Past WWE Comedy
- PROGRESS World Championship Declared Vacant at Chapter 134 Event
- AEW Dark: Elevation Stacked Card Includes ROH Women’s Championship Match
- PROGRESS 134: No Mountain High Enough SPOILERS – Major Challenge Issued For Strong Style Weekend
- Reason Behind Chris Jericho Keeping Judas After His Heel Turn Revealed
- NXT Tag Team Titles Match For In Your House Event Announced
- NJPW Capital Collision Results: New IWGP United States Champion & AEW Stars Appear
- Paige Has A Suggestion For Ronda Rousey