Former AEW Women’s Champion Hikaru Shida has admitted that she was frustrated with her title reign, believing she could’ve done more with the gold.
Shida is currently recognised as the longest-reigning AEW Women’s Champion of the title’s two-year history. Despite holding the AEW women’s division’s top prize for 372 days, the Japanese star felt she could’ve been a better titleholder.
Speaking with Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated, Shida noted Kenny Omega and Dustin Rhodes have been great mentors for her, saying:
“After losing the title, I was very frustrated. I thought I could have done more and been better as champion. So this tournament for the TBS title means a lot to me. It is a great opportunity to get back to the top.
“I have been learning so much from Kenny Omega and Dustin Rhodes, and they teach about what it takes to be on a TV show. Being on TV is something an actress does, so I took acting classes. And my English has got so much better from watching Sherlock Holmes on BBC.”
In her TBS Women’s Championship first-round bout on Wednesday’s edition of Dynamite, Shida pinned Serena Deeb to advance in the tournament. She will face Nyla Rose in the quarterfinals, the same woman she defeated at Double or Nothing 2020 to win the AEW Women’s Championship.
Shida lost the title at Double or Nothing 2021 to current titleholder Britt Baker, who recently passed 150 days as champion.
- Karrion Kross’ Status For WWE Clash At The Castle Main Event Revealed
- Big Name Fired By WWE, Triple H Re-Signs Another Released Star, Logan Paul Backstage Heat – News Bulletin – August 9, 2022
- Dexter Lumis Returns On WWE Raw
- Several Johnny Gargano References Made On WWE Raw
- WWE Finds Another $5 Million In Payments By Vince McMahon That Should Have Been Classed As Company Expenses
- Hilarious Video Of Tony Khan At Sammy Guevara & Tay Conti’s Wedding
- WWE 2K23 Officially Confirmed, Release Date Window Revealed?
- AEW Star Malakai Black Reveals He Recently Survived Career-Threatening Injury
- WWE Star Calls Out Logan Paul For Not Following Backstage Etiquette
- Tony Khan Drops Huge Tease For AEW ‘Quake By The Lake’