There was a hilarious WWE production botch that took place on Raw last night involving the unmistakable voice of Michael Cole.
Michael Cole, who is the SmackDown lead announcer and obviously wasn’t actually on Raw, could be heard shouting “16-time World Champion!” during Drew McIntyre’s entrance last night.
This led many people to believe that WWE had played piped in cheers over McIntyre’s entrance and that line from Cole happened to be included in that audio on the assumption it was taken from a Ric Flair or John Cena entrance.
However, Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful said he was told it was more along the lines of an accidental commercial or something like that being played when it shouldn’t have been. He said:
“They laid some audio over some certain spots tonight, we’re gonna go ahead and talk about that. It happened in Drew McIntyre’s entrance. I was told by someone in WWE that it was some sort of production error. It wasn’t necessarily them trying to lay audio over it. At least that’s the line I was given. It was like a commercial or something like that.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page
Sapp did say he was going to follow up more, so don’t necessarily take what he said as 100% accurate just yet, it’s just what he was told by one person in WWE.
Here’s the clip in case you missed it:
— Mr. Warren Hayes (@MrWarrenHayes) August 3, 2021
- Brandi Rhodes Makes In-Ring Return For WWE
- PHOTOS: Sasha Banks Victim Of Car Break-In
- NXT UK Invasion On NXT Heatwave
- Santos Escobar Breaks Silence Following NXT Departure
- Fascinating Details On ‘Real-Life Animosity’ Between John Cena & The Rock
- WWE Spoils Result Of Upcoming Championship Match
- WWE Reaches Out To AEW Star, Brandi Rhodes WWE In-Ring Return, NXT UK Invades NXT 2.0 – News Bulletin – August 17, 2022
- AEW Star Kris Statlander Expected Out For 6-8 Months
- Eric Bischoff Says Tony Khan Is Booking AEW ‘Like A 14-Year-Old’
- Renee Paquette Recalls Vince McMahon Laughing At Her For Needing To Pee