NJPW star Hiroshi Tanahashi has named the AEW stars that impressed him, following Forbidden Door.
AEW and NJPW held their first crossover pay-per-view on June 6, featuring top stars from both promotions. In the main event of the show, Jon Moxley defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi to win the AEW Interim World Championship.
Per NJPW announcer Chris Charlton, Tanahashi noted on ‘Podcast Off” that he had been impressed by several AEW stars during his trip to the US.
Noting that Tanahashi thinks that Cassidy would be popular with NJPW fans, Charlton tweeted:
“Tanahashi had a ton of praise for Orange Cassidy on his podcast this week, and said he would get a big reaction in the Tokyo Dome. He was impressed by PAC as well (but forgot his name)..”
At Forbidden Door, Cassidy unsuccessfully challenged for Will Ospreay’s IWGP US Title. People backstage were reportedly ‘going crazy’ for this bout.
Also at the event, PAC became the inaugural AEW All-Atlantic Champion, winning a fourway match for the gold. His first two title defences have now been announced.
Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
- Sami Zayn Makes Bold Statement On Twitter After Bloodline Betrayal At Royal Rumble
- Former WWE Star Signs With IMPACT Wrestling
- Big News On John Cena WrestleMania 39 Schedule
- New Sami Zayn Shirt Revealed Following WWE Royal Rumble
- Top AEW Star Cleared To Return On February 1 Dynamite
- ‘Major Interest’ In Popular Free Agent, Fans Suspect AEW Or WWE
- Brandi Rhodes Comments On Departure From AEW
- Roman Reigns Reaction To Logan Paul Royal Rumble Performance
- WWE Match Mysteriously Pulled From Show With No Explanation
- NXT Star Teases WWE Main Roster Call-Up?