Here is the latest on Kenny Omega’s AEW status, amidst speculation that Cody Rhodes could be heading back to WWE.
Following AEW’s official announcement that Cody and Brandi Rhodes have left the company, Sean Ross Sapp and Andrew Zarian reported that Cody’s team has been in contact with WWE.
In the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio – which was recorded before Cody’s AEW departure – Dave Meltzer discussed rumors that WWE was looking to sign one of the founding members of AEW. Stating that Cody Rhodes would be the only name available, Meltzer noted that Kenny Omega’s current AEW contract is set to expire on February 1, 2023.
Matt and Nick Jackson of The Young Bucks recently signed off on their contract roll-overs, meaning they’re set to remain with the company for at least two more years.
- Major WWE Target To Become Free Agent In January 2024
- WWE Star Teases Potential Free Agent Target
- WWE Creative Plans Changed For Two Stars Due To ‘Tremendous Support’ Backstage
- Braun Strowman WWE Status Update After Serious Neck Surgery
- Big Departure From AEW Confirmed
- WWE Star Makes In-Ring Return After Reported Concussion
- Absent WWE Star Has First Match In Several Months
- Big Update On WWE 2K24 Release Plans
- Video Footage Of Fan Jumping Barricade To Confront WWE Star At Untelevised Event
- Raw Star Who ‘Never Wins’ Addresses WWE Booking