Following the events of Elimination Chamber 2021, a major WWE championship match has been confirmed for WrestleMania 37.
After defeating Elimination Chamber match winner Daniel Bryan, Universal Champion Roman Reigns was ambushed by Edge. The Ultimate Opportunist pointed at the WrestleMania 37 sign, signalling that he’d chosen his April opponent.
WWE has now officially confirmed that Edge will challenge Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 37. This will be Edge’s first championship match since his final World Heavyweight Championship defence in 2011.
WWE shared this graphic on Twitter to promote the Smackdown main event:
It's OFFICIAL! @EdgeRatedR will challenge @WWERomanReigns for the #UniversalTitle at #WrestleMania! https://t.co/ntuPL2cuJS pic.twitter.com/tT5jmMRm38
— WWE WrestleMania (@WrestleMania) February 22, 2021
WWE.com acknowledged Edge’s extensive Smackdown history, pointing out it’s fitting that he challenges for The Blue Brand’s top prize come April.
WrestleMania 37 takes place on April 10 and 11. The exact date of Roman Reigns vs Edge has not been confirmed.
Also at Elimination Chamber, The Miz cashed in his Money In The Bank contract and defeated Drew McIntyre for the WWE Championship.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- WWE Mystery Attacker Revealed On NXT
- Roman Reigns’ WWE Schedule For Summer 2023 Revealed
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WWE Future After Pregnancy Announcement
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Baron Corbin Makes Surprise Appearance On WWE NXT
- Current NXT Star To Join WWE Main Roster Faction Soon?
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child