New Japan Pro Wrestling’s G1 Climax tournament has come to a close. However, that does not mean that the promotion will be slowing down anytime soon. With Wrestle Kingdom 15 on the horizon, they must first get through their Power Struggle event.
This is their next major event and the card for the show has been revealed. With a number of high-interest matches booked, the big picture for the Tokyo Dome show should come into focus a little bit more.
The biggest match is the IWGP Double Championship match between Tetsuya Naito and EVIL. EVIL was able to defeat Naito in the G1 Climax, earning him a shot at the title. The two feuded over the title over the Summer with the belt being traded between them.
Additionally, Kota Ibushi and KENTA will both defend their title shot contracts against Jay White and Hiroshi Tanahashi respectively. The KENTA vs. Tanahashi match is particularly interesting as the winner will face Jon Moxley for the IWGP United States Championship.
Moxley is, of course, the current AEW World Champion as well. This means there will likely be some play between stars of the two companies if the title match takes place soon.
- IWGP Double Championship Match – Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. EVIL
- IWGP Double Championship Challenge Rights Certificate Match – Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Jay White
- IWGP United States Championship Challenge Rights Certificate Match – KENTA (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
- Kazuchika Okada vs. Great O-Khan
- NEVER Openweight Championship Match – Minoru Suzuki (c) vs. Shingo Takagi
- King of Pro-Wrestling Match – Toru Yano (c) vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Power Struggle will take place on November 7 in Osaka’s Edion Arena.
Are you looking forward to Power Struggle? Let us know on Twitter!