Tonight on NXT, Karrion Kross was set to make a major announcement on the show. Just minutes before the show started, major rumors began to circulate regarding the NXT Title and the potential of Kross’ announcement.
At least part of the rumors were true. Karrion Kross announced, in his own bizarre way, he would be relinquishing the NXT Championship due to injury.
"On the path there are obstacles, but for me, the obstacles are the path."
Due to injury, @WWEKarrionKross must relinquish his #NXTTitle. #WWENXT @Lady_Scarlett13 pic.twitter.com/usClkIAdMX
— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) August 27, 2020
Kross suffered a separated shoulder at TakeOver: XXX. NXT handled the announcement very smartly.
Kross basically said the powers that be wouldn’t let him defend the title with the injury. So, he had no other choice.
Tick tock… ⏳
It's only a matter of time before @WWEKarrionKross comes back for his #NXTTitle. #WWENXT @Lady_Scarlett13 pic.twitter.com/D31RkOh2Lg
— WWE (@WWE) August 27, 2020
This makes it seem like he was willing to fight through injury, but the bosses wouldn’t let him. That’s much better for his character than some sort of pity speech.
He said he would be back on the hunt in a matter of time. He set the hourglass and the countdown to his return is on.
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Vince McMahon Era Rule ‘Effectively Dead’ Under Triple H
- Former WWE Star Announces Retirement