A backstage note has emerged on the fan reaction to Liv Morgan following her SmackDown Women’s Championship win.
July 2 was a great night for Morgan, who won the women’s ladder match at the Money in the Bank pay-per-view, before cashing in on Ronda Rousey to win the SmackDown Women’s Title.
Fan support for Morgan hasn’t dropped since her title win. Per PWInsider, a WWE source who toured with SmackDown over the weekend said that they had never heard louder pops for Liv Morgan than what she received at this past weekend’s house shows.
The source reportedly also noted that it was obvious from looking in the crowd that Liv Morgan merchandise was selling in high numbers.
During both the Saturday live event in Sacramento, California and the Sunday show in Reno, Nevada, Morgan faced off against Ronda Rousey and Natalya in three-way action.
After appearing to break character at the Sacramento event, Natalya addressed the incident in a now-deleted tweet, which you can read right here.
At SummerSlam, Morgan will defend her title against Ronda Rousey. Check out the updated card for the July 30 event at this link.
Morgan currently has the 11th best TV win percentage of the entire WWE women’s locker room for 2022. Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for the year using our tracker at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- Seth Rollins’ First World Heavyweight Championship Defence Confirmed For June 5 WWE Raw
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?
- Update On Drew McIntyre Amid Ongoing WWE Absence
- Top WWE Star ‘Demanded’ Current Run
- WWE Star Teases ‘Big News’ For Next Week