Last night’s edition of wXw’s 2020 edition for the 16 Carat Gold Tournament ended with a surprising victor: Cara Noir. The current reigning PROGRESS Unified World Wrestling Champion beat ‘Speedball’ Mike Bailey to win the prestigious event.
— wXw Germany (@wXwGermany) March 8, 2020
Cara Noir just debuted for wXw in January 2020 in a short segment, with the crowd unsure of what to make of him. He captured the audience with a series of spectacular performances in his wXw in-ring debut this weekend.
Marius Al-Ani, Jeff Cobb and Eddie Kingston also fell victim to the Black Swan, who eventually stood tall in Europe’s biggest wrestling tournament.
Full Results From Tonight:
- Mike Bailey def. Jurn Simmons – 16 Carat Gold Semi Final
- Cara Noir def. Eddie Kingston – 16 Carat Gold Semi Final
- Amale(c) def. Stephanie Maze – wXw Women’s Championship
- Yuki Ishikawa & Timothy Thatcher def. Daisuke Ikeda & WALTER – Timothy Thatcher’s Farewell Match
- Alexander Wolfe def. The Avalanche(c) & Ilja Dragunov to capture the wXw Shotgun Championship
- after the match Lucky Kid and two henchman attacked Wolfe, Kid turned heel and announced he will now go by the name ‘Metehan’
- Jeff Cobb, Bandido & Julian Pace def. Black Taurus, Puma King & Hektor – Lucha Rules Tag Team Match
- Cara Noir def. Mike Bailey – 16 Carat Gold Final
Further Notes From The Weekend:
On Friday Jay-AA (Absolute Andy and Jay Skillet) captured the wXw World Tag Team Championship from the Pretty Bastards (Prince Ahura & Maggot).
During the last three days it was also announced by wXw that Ringkampf member Veit Müller has been banned from the company until further notice.
This is due to unprofessional conduct while wishing not to appear at the event – telling the company only four days in advance.
On Saturday David Starr lost a Title vs. Career match against reining wXw Unified World Wrestling Champion Bobby Gunns, leaving the company.
In a shoot promo afterwards Starr explained, that this was a mutual decision neither wXw or him wanted to make, but had to be. He said there would be freedom of speech, but that wouldn’t mean there are no consequences.