One day after defeating Asuka and ending her undefeated streak at WrestleMania 34, Charlotte Flair was ready for whatever competition was coming her way.
What Charlotte wasn’t counting on was the debut of NXT‘s Iconic Duo, Billie Kay and Peyton Royce, to spoil the party. The Iconics, as they have been rebranded, unloaded a vicious assault on the WWE SmackDown Women’s Champion, leaving Charlotte incapacitated in the ring.
I’m sure you can guess what happened next:
That’s right WWE Universe, the SmackDown Women’s Championship is now looking a little more FABULOUS tonight as Carmella has finally cashed in her Money in the Bank briefcase to become the blue brand’s new Women’s Champion.
It seemed for the longest time that WWE had forgotten Carmella was holding that briefcase, as her cashing it in was something WWE creative had dropped the ball on.
But those fears were quelled on the post-WrestleMania SmackDown as Peyton Royce and Billie Kay make their immediate presence known. This iconic duo will certainly add much-needed life to what is becoming a stale women’s division on the SmackDown brand.
But for now, the ‘Princess of Staten Island’ has dethroned the ‘Queen’, Charlotte Flair.
How long do you think Carmella will keep the title for? Where do the Iconics go from here? Let us know in the comments below or on Twitter here.
- Karrion Kross’ Status For WWE Clash At The Castle Main Event Revealed
- Big Name Fired By WWE, Triple H Re-Signs Another Released Star, Logan Paul Backstage Heat – News Bulletin – August 9, 2022
- Dexter Lumis Returns On WWE Raw
- Several Johnny Gargano References Made On WWE Raw
- WWE Finds Another $5 Million In Payments By Vince McMahon That Should Have Been Classed As Company Expenses
- Hilarious Video Of Tony Khan At Sammy Guevara & Tay Conti’s Wedding
- WWE 2K23 Officially Confirmed, Release Date Window Revealed?
- AEW Star Malakai Black Reveals He Recently Survived Career-Threatening Injury
- WWE Star Calls Out Logan Paul For Not Following Backstage Etiquette
- Tony Khan Drops Huge Tease For AEW ‘Quake By The Lake’