During tonight’s episode of WWE NXT on the USA Network, the NXT Title match for August 22’s TakeOver: XXX event was made official.
As has been pretty clear for a number of weeks now, Keith Lee will be defending against Karrion Kross next Saturday.
Tonight’s show opened with Kross taking on Danny Burch and picking up a convincing win.
After that, Lee came out with a contract, and said he’d begged William Regal to approve a match, which he did, so he just needed Kross to sign.
Kross signed and Scarlett gave the contract back, but when Lee opened it they’d planted a fireball in it that burnt his face.
Lee has held the NXT Title since he beat Adam Cole on July 8 to end Cole’s record-long reign.
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Roman Reigns To Set Another Incredible Record At WrestleMania 39
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- WWE Name Demands An Apology From The Rock