A huge update on the flight MJF booked out of Las Vegas ahead of AEW Double Or Nothing after no-showing a meet & greet has emerged.
A red-eye flight was booked for MJF to Newark, New Jersey after he legitimately no-showed the meet & greet and wouldn’t pick up his phone, reportedly being spotted in the Mandalay Bay casino during the time the meet & greet should have been happening.
That doesn’t mean for sure that he won’t miss Double Or Nothing. Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful still said it was 50/50 as to whether he’d be on the show or not.
As we’ve previously covered, Sapp was able to confirm that none of this is because of a physical issue with MJF. So, if you were thinking he might have been injured or something, that’s not the case. It’s almost a certainty that it stems from the ongoing issues between him and Tony Khan/AEW originating from a contract dispute.
It has been reiterated by pretty much every wrestling news source in existence that the situation is NOT a work, but if both sides make good with each other, it can always be turned into a storyline later.
We will of course be keeping you updated on the situation, so keep checking back to WrestleTalk.com for all the latest.
- AEW’s Miro Seemingly Agrees He ‘Had It Better’ In WWE
- Latest On AEW Stars Missing From ‘AEW: Fight Forever’ Roster
- WWE Star Angel Teases Return To Old Ring Name
- FTR Announced For AEW Dynamite: Quake By The Lake
- Finn Balor Vs Rey Mysterio Added To August 8 WWE Raw
- NXT Star Tatum Paxley Injured At House Show
- Latest On Lacey Evans WWE Status After SmackDown Absence
- Several WWE Talents Have Had ‘Direct Meetings’ With Triple H Regarding Creative
- Jamie Hayter Suffers Broken Nose During AEW Battle Of The Belts III
- X-Pac Believes Logan Paul Could Be WWE Champion Material