A huge update on the flight MJF booked out of Las Vegas ahead of AEW Double Or Nothing after no-showing a meet & greet has emerged.
A red-eye flight was booked for MJF to Newark, New Jersey after he legitimately no-showed the meet & greet and wouldn’t pick up his phone, reportedly being spotted in the Mandalay Bay casino during the time the meet & greet should have been happening.
According to both Fightful Select and PWInsider, MJF did NOT board the flight before it departed and is still in Las Vegas.
That doesn’t mean for sure that he won’t miss Double Or Nothing. Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful still said it was 50/50 as to whether he’d be on the show or not.
As we’ve previously covered, Sapp was able to confirm that none of this is because of a physical issue with MJF. So, if you were thinking he might have been injured or something, that’s not the case. It’s almost a certainty that it stems from the ongoing issues between him and Tony Khan/AEW originating from a contract dispute.
It has been reiterated by pretty much every wrestling news source in existence that the situation is NOT a work, but if both sides make good with each other, it can always be turned into a storyline later.
We will of course be keeping you updated on the situation, so keep checking back to WrestleTalk.com for all the latest.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups