UPDATE: An update on MJF and Tony Khan addressing the situation with each other can be found at this link.
A huge update on the future of MJF in AEW has emerged following all the controversy that went down during Double Or Nothing weekend.
According to PWInsider, the belief is that MJF “will not be not be on the road at least for the next several TV tapings, possibly longer”.
MJF was beaten decisively by Wardlow at Double Or Nothing and was then carried out on a stretcher, leading to speculation he may have been written out of AEW, either permanently, or at least until the situation is resolved.
This followed doubts as to whether MJF would even show up at the pay-per-view after he no-showed a meet and greet and booked a flight out of Las Vegas.
According to Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful, MJF told him after Double Or Nothing that he “showed up shortly before his match, left right after, and has a lot to think about”. PWInsider has also confirmed that he arrived at “the last minute”.
Tony Khan declined to comment on the situation when asked about it during the post-Double Or Nothing media scrum.
We will of course continue to provide updates as more news continues to emerge.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Popular WWE Star Opens Up About Being Released: ‘Hard Pill To Swallow’
- Rare Stipulation For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar At SummerSlam Revealed?
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- SmackDown Star Says He Got Over Without WWE Shoving Him Down Fans’ Throats
- AEW Star Becoming ‘More Important’ On Creative Team, Recent Contributions Revealed
- Paul Heyman Idea That Vince McMahon Thought Was ‘Terrible’ Revealed