UPDATE – More news has come to light regarding the plans for Roman Reigns going forward following his removal from Money in the Bank – read more here.
The latest update on the status of Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns looks to have been revealed.
Ever since Money in the Bank was moved from Allegiant Stadium to the smaller MGM Grand due to disappointing ticket sales, there have been question marks around Reigns appearing on the show.
It had been reported that the initial plan was that Reigns would be defending his championship against Riddle at Money in the Bank, but then word came out that WWE might have changed their minds, but it was still a question mark.
If a new report from Sports Illustrated is to be believed, the question has now been answered, because the report stated that Reigns “currently is no longer scheduled to work Money in the Bank”.
This would make sense given the smaller venue and that Reigns’ WWE appearances are seemingly becoming rarer and rarer thanks to a new deal he signed with the company.
Riddle did call out Reigns for a match this past Monday on Raw, so it seems like it’ll still be happening, just not at Money in the Bank.
Reigns’ planned challengers after Riddle, per the initial plans, were Randy Orton at SummerSlam, and Drew McIntyre at Clash of the Castle, the latter of which already seems all but official given that McIntyre called Reigns out for the UK show this past Friday on SmackDown.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- VIDEO: Unseen Post-Raw Footage Of Tension Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa
- The Rock’s Daughter WWE In-Ring Debut Announced
- Roxanne Perez Addresses NXT Absence
- Tony Khan Comments On Goldberg Free Agent Status
- WWE Stars Say The New Day Ruined Their Lives & Maybe Kofi Kingston’s Injury Was Karma
- NXT TV Debut On Tonight’s Show (March 21)
- First Look At WWE SummerSlam 2023 Logo
- Major AEW Star To Miss Tonight’s Dynamite (March 22)
- New WWE Signing In-Ring Debut Announced
- WWE Stars Show Off Gruesome Injuries After Hard Hitting Match