It seems one of Ric Flair’s greatest rivals will be opposite the two-time WWE Hall of Famer for his return match this July.
As previously mentioned, Ric Flair will make his in-ring wrestling return on July 31 as part of Starrcast V weekend in Nashville, Tennessee.
On Wrestling Shoot Interviews, former WWE star Brian Blair let it slip that Hulk Hogan will be coming out of retirement to wrestle Ric Flair at Starrcast V.
“I’m looking forward to seeing Flair and Hogan…at SummerSlam”
The legend likely meant Starrcast V during SummerSlam weekend in Nashville.
Blair was asked if he was confirming that Hulk Hogan was returning to face Ric Flair. He backtracked and claimed that he read it on the internet.
When asked about Flair and Hogan stepping in at their age with their health issues, Blair answered:
“Well, I think if Ric were gonna die anywhere, he’d wanna die in the ring. Terry’s had his fair share of surgeries, way too many and I’m getting ready to call Terry in a couple of minutes. I just wish them the very best. I know the fans are the ones that have been really egging it on that really want to see it. So it’s sparked them. All I can say it will be interesting and I just pray that they both come out in one piece.”
Previous reports indicated that Flair’s return will see him team up with FTR against the Rock N’ Roll Express and a mystery partner.
Quotes via Wrestlingnews.co
- LIVE UPDATES: Updated List Of Released WWE Stars
- Jon Moxley’s Diagnosis Revealed, Wasn’t Planned To Lose AEW International Championship At Dynamite Grand Slam
- WWE Announces SmackDown Returning To USA Network & More
- Mustafa Ali Gone From WWE
- Shock Title Change As AEW Star Seemingly Injured During Match At Dynamite Grand Slam
- WWE Elimination Chamber 2024 Set For Australia, Date & Location Confirmed
- John Cena Sends Message To Dolph Ziggler After WWE Release
- Major Spoiler For AEW Rampage Grand Slam 2023
- Elias Breaks Silence After Being Released By WWE
- New Member Of Don Callis Family Revealed At AEW Dynamite Grand Slam