WrestleTalk is devastated to learn that British wrestling star Lionheart has passed away at the age of 36.
Scottish promotion Insane Championship Wrestling posted the following statement on Twitter confirming the news:
We are heartbroken to learn of the tragic death of ICW World Heavyweight Champion, Adrian ‘Lionheart’ McCallum. Adrian was a mainstay of ICW and British professional wrestling. Most importantly, he was our friend. His passing leaves a huge hole in the lives of those who knew him. pic.twitter.com/qmjnZTb5Lb
— ICW (@InsaneChampWres) June 19, 2019
Lionheart, real name Adrian McCallum, was the reigning ICW Champion at the time of his passing, having defeated Jackie Polo to capture the belt in the main event of ICW Fear & Loathing XI in December.
The 17-year veteran was a regular for ICW, PCW and SWA in recent years, as well as his own promotion Pro Wrestling Elite.
Previously he had wrestled for several major companies, including Ring Of Honor, TNA and 1PW, in addition to wrestling a WWE dark match in Liverpool in 2011.
There are no further details available about McCallum’s passing at this time.
WrestleTalk would like to extend its sincere condolences to McCallum’s family and friends at this difficult time.
- Karrion Kross’ Status For WWE Clash At The Castle Main Event Revealed
- Big Name Fired By WWE, Triple H Re-Signs Another Released Star, Logan Paul Backstage Heat – News Bulletin – August 9, 2022
- Dexter Lumis Returns On WWE Raw
- Fans Are Confused By Nikki A.S.H & Doudrop’s Car During WWE Raw Segment
- Several Johnny Gargano References Made On WWE Raw
- Hilarious Video Of Tony Khan At Sammy Guevara & Tay Conti’s Wedding
- WWE Finds Another $5 Million In Payments By Vince McMahon That Should Have Been Classed As Company Expenses
- WWE 2K23 Officially Confirmed, Release Date Window Revealed?
- AEW Star Malakai Black Reveals He Recently Survived Career-Threatening Injury
- WWE Star Calls Out Logan Paul For Not Following Backstage Etiquette