WrestleTalk is devastated to learn that British wrestling star Lionheart has passed away at the age of 36.
Scottish promotion Insane Championship Wrestling posted the following statement on Twitter confirming the news:
We are heartbroken to learn of the tragic death of ICW World Heavyweight Champion, Adrian ‘Lionheart’ McCallum. Adrian was a mainstay of ICW and British professional wrestling. Most importantly, he was our friend. His passing leaves a huge hole in the lives of those who knew him. pic.twitter.com/qmjnZTb5Lb
— ICW (@InsaneChampWres) June 19, 2019
Lionheart, real name Adrian McCallum, was the reigning ICW Champion at the time of his passing, having defeated Jackie Polo to capture the belt in the main event of ICW Fear & Loathing XI in December.
The 17-year veteran was a regular for ICW, PCW and SWA in recent years, as well as his own promotion Pro Wrestling Elite.
Previously he had wrestled for several major companies, including Ring Of Honor, TNA and 1PW, in addition to wrestling a WWE dark match in Liverpool in 2011.
There are no further details available about McCallum’s passing at this time.
WrestleTalk would like to extend its sincere condolences to McCallum’s family and friends at this difficult time.
- Trick Williams Breaks Silence After Title Loss To Dominik Mysterio
- Adam Copeland (Edge) Reveals WWE Backstage Reaction To AEW Switch
- Two AEW Stars Expected To Take Time Off
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Winning Back The NXT North American Championship
- John Cena Opens Up On Relationship With The Rock Following SmackDown Interaction
- Recent WWE Surprise Was A ‘Late Creative Decision’
- Confirmed Schedule Errors For AEW Dynamite Head-To-Head With WWE NXT
- ‘Edge’ Name Mentioned During Adam Copeland First Ever AEW Dynamite Appearance
- VIDEO: Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) Immediate Backstage Reaction To AEW Debut
- Last-Minute Change To AEW Dynamite Match