NXT UK Champion Ilja Dragunov has called WWE Champion Bobby Lashley a dream opponent, believing that he and Lashley could put on a classic.
Speaking on ViBe & Wrestling , Dragunov stated that this potential bout would most likely be a battle between Lashley’s power and his will. Discussing the dream match, Dragunov said:
“I think Bobby Lashley would be great competition. This is something that would fit with my will, with my intensity, and this is something I think people would be very interested to see it because this is a thing of power. The obvious power of Bobby Lashley and the power of my will and my endurance.”
At NXT TakeOver 36, Dragunov forced WALTER to tap out, ending his 870 day reign as NXT UK Champion. Dragunov is just the forth-ever competitor to hold the UK gold.
Since WALTER’s title loss, there has reportedly been a lot more talk about using the former champion on the US NXT brand more consistently. NXT is set to receive a reboot ahead of the September 14 episode.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
- Updated List Of Released WWE Stars
- Report: WWE Terminates Relationship Over ‘Breach Of Contract’
- Jon Moxley’s Diagnosis Revealed, Wasn’t Planned To Lose AEW International Championship At Dynamite Grand Slam
- Another Top WWE Star’s Contract Expiring In 2024
- Shock Title Change As AEW Star Seemingly Injured During Match At Dynamite Grand Slam
- Mustafa Ali Gone From WWE
- Former AEW Star Says Company Has ‘Too Much Freedom’
- WWE Elimination Chamber 2024 Set For Australia, Date & Location Confirmed
- WWE Announces SmackDown Returning To USA Network & More
- Major Spoiler For AEW Rampage Grand Slam 2023