NXT UK Champion Ilja Dragunov has called WWE Champion Bobby Lashley a dream opponent, believing that he and Lashley could put on a classic.
Speaking on ViBe & Wrestling , Dragunov stated that this potential bout would most likely be a battle between Lashley’s power and his will. Discussing the dream match, Dragunov said:
“I think Bobby Lashley would be great competition. This is something that would fit with my will, with my intensity, and this is something I think people would be very interested to see it because this is a thing of power. The obvious power of Bobby Lashley and the power of my will and my endurance.”
At NXT TakeOver 36, Dragunov forced WALTER to tap out, ending his 870 day reign as NXT UK Champion. Dragunov is just the forth-ever competitor to hold the UK gold.
Since WALTER’s title loss, there has reportedly been a lot more talk about using the former champion on the US NXT brand more consistently. NXT is set to receive a reboot ahead of the September 14 episode.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
- Brandi Rhodes Makes In-Ring Return For WWE
- PHOTOS: Sasha Banks Victim Of Car Break-In
- NXT UK Invasion On NXT Heatwave
- Santos Escobar Breaks Silence Following NXT Departure
- Fascinating Details On ‘Real-Life Animosity’ Between John Cena & The Rock
- WWE Spoils Result Of Upcoming Championship Match
- WWE Reaches Out To AEW Star, Brandi Rhodes WWE In-Ring Return, NXT UK Invades NXT 2.0 – News Bulletin – August 17, 2022
- AEW Star Kris Statlander Expected Out For 6-8 Months
- Renee Paquette Recalls Vince McMahon Laughing At Her For Needing To Pee
- Santos Escobar Banished From NXT After Losing To Tony D’Angelo