IMPACT Wrestling is reportedly planning a big push for its current X-Division Champion and former Tag Team Champion, Josh Alexander.
As per the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Alexander is set for a “bigger push” once he’s finished his current reign as X-Division Champion.
The report does specifically say this doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll be dropping the title in the Ultimate X match at Slammiversary, just that he’s “figured bigger into overall plans” beyond that.
In that match on July 17, Alexander defends against Ace Austin, Chris Bey, Petey Williams, Rohit Raju and Trey Miguel.
Alexander has reigned as champion since April 25 at Rebellion when he beat TJP and then-champion Ace Austin in a three-way.
He’s also a two-time IMPACT Tag Team Champion with current AEW star Ethan Page, with their first reign being the longest single reign of all time.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Vince McMahon Era Rule ‘Effectively Dead’ Under Triple H
- Popular WWE Team To Potentially Reunite After WrestleMania