Last night’s Ring of Honor’s 16th Anniversary Show had many great moments throughout the evening, but perhaps the most shocking was the appearance of former ROH World Champion Austin Aries. ‘The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived’ returned to the company for the first time since 2015 to issue a challenge to Kenny King for his Television Title. This could be the start of an interesting storyline between the two stars, as Aries used to serve as a mentor to King back in 2009 during his tag team run with Rhett Titus.
— DEFIANT Wrestling (@DEFIANTwres) March 10, 2018
The Television Championship is a belt that has eluded Aries during his previous stints with ROH, and since he has quite the collection of gold at the moment – since leaving WWE last year, the former 205 Live star has become the champion of promotions such as Defiant, IPW and Impact Wrestling – this would be a worthy addition.
Due to ROH’s strong relationship with NJPW, we could even be seeing Aries head to Japan in the near future. This would present the opportunity for Aries to have matches with the likes of Kenny Omega and Kazuchika Okada, which would be a mouth-watering prospect for fans.
Austin Aries is a shining example of the immense freedom a wrestler on the independent scene can enjoy, and has shown that the possibilities for success outside of WWE are endless.
- AEW Star Announces Real-Life Brother Joining The Company
- WWE Star Set For First Match In Nine Months
- Triple H Praises Top Star After WWE Elimination Chamber
- Potential WWE Signing Shares Emotional Goodbye After Farewell Match
- Seth Rollins Injury Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 40
- Drew McIntyre Vs. Seth Rollins Set For WrestleMania 40, More Matches Potentially Revealed
- CM Punk Sends Emotional Message To WWE Fans Ahead Of Elimination Chamber 2024
- Seth Rollins Reacts To Becky Lynch Winning WWE Elimination Chamber Match
- Cody Rhodes Challenges The Rock To One-On-One WWE Match
- Becky Lynch Sends New Message To Rhea Ripley Ahead Of WrestleMania 40