IMPACT Wrestling purchased commercial time during this week’s episodes of WWE Raw and AEW Dynamite.
Per Dave Meltzer in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the promotion had commercials air nationally via DIRECTV.
“Impact again purchased commercial time on Raw nationally on DIRECTV plugging the television show on Monday and also did the same on AEW on Wednesday.
“It is notable that during major sports that TNT often plugs AEW but there seems to be no measurable effect on the ratings during that period, although there are so many factors in ratings having to do with competition and often those same periods are when competition is harder.
“Similarly here, Impact’s numbers didn’t gain with the commercials on Raw and I don’t think AEW gained with the commercials on Impact. Lucha Underground used to buy commercial time on Raw like crazy and I couldn’t point to a numbers gain.
“Impact had considered buying commercials on AEW nationally but the cost per 30 seconds was too high but that was a full national buy rather than a DIRECTV only buy which would likely be a lot less. But Impact now goes against Thursday Night Football so that holds down the numbers.”
IMPACT recently held its anticipated Bound For Glory pay-per-view, which aired on October 7. Current TV episodes are building to the November 18 Over Drive special, where AEW’s Frankie Kazarian will challenge for Josh Alexander’s IMPACT World Title.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Bray Wyatt SmackDown Status Amid WrestleMania Uncertainty
- WWE Star Reacts To Fans Believing They’d Be Buried Following Vince McMahon Departure
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Cody Rhodes Reveals Special WrestleMania 39 T-Shirt
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Top WWE Star Hopes To Work With AEW Star On Screen
- Konnan Picks Winner of Dominik vs Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Match
- AEW Star Says Chad Gable Is The ‘Most Underrated Wrestler In The World’
- AEW Star Set For First Ever Televised Singles Match