It has been a month since the partnership between AEW and Impact Wrestling was revealed. Kenny Omega and Don Callis ran off with the AEW World Championship and the next time they were seen was on Impact.
Now, executive Scott D’Amore has commented on people saying AEW has nothing to gain from the partnership. In short, he thinks fresh matches will be beneficial for both sides. Here is the quote from his interview with Sports Illustrated:
“Everyone is entitled to their position. Look, AEW built a great product in a very short period of time. Our hats are off to Tony Khan and his team. I’ve always believed that success in the wrestling business is like a rising tide in that it leads to more success for everyone.
I’m very happy we get to do some crossover stuff with them. Often in wrestling, the question is ‘Why would we work with someone else?’ This has put eyeballs on both companies. We’re very appreciative, and we think it’s added a buzz for both shows. The collaboration on the talent level creates the potential for a lot of fresh matchups. We’ll see where it goes next, but it is a great time to be a wrestling fan and a great time to be in the wrestling business.”
Omega has appeared on Impact a number of times since his initial appearance. However, he has yet to make his in-ring debut with the promotion. That will come at Hard to Kill when he teams with the Good Brothers to face Rich Swann and the Motor City Machine Guns.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Former WWE Star To Return On The Raw After WrestleMania?
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts
- Report: WWE Having ‘Larger Conversation’ About Wrestler Safety
- Update On Current Champion WWE Has Legitimate Concerns About
- Unseen AEW Matches Coming Soon?
- AEW World Champion MJF Set For Surprising Indie Appearance