IMPACT Knockouts Champion Jordynne Grace has expressed interest in wrestling Paige, following her WWE departure.
Paige, now going by her real name Saraya, became a free agent last week, after her WWE contract expired on July 7.
Speaking with Steve Fall for NBC Sports Boston’s The Ten Count, Jordynne Grace noted that she’d love to see Saraya join IMPACT.
Believing that Saraya was integral to the building of the foundation of modern women’s wrestling, Grace said:
“I don’t know her personal health stuff or where she is at but I would absolutely love to wrestle her. She is definitely one of the women that helped to build the foundation of modern women’s wrestling,”
Saraya last wrestled at the December 2017 WWE Madison Square Garden show. She officially announced her retirement from the ring in April 2018, before eventually transitioning into a WWE ambassador role.
The former Divas Champion has confirmed that she intends to make a return to wrestling outside of WWE. She is currently booked for Starrcast V later this month, and a World Association of Wrestling show in October.
You can check out a full list of 2022 WWE departures right here.
Transcription via Fightful.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Update On Backstage Heat Between Triple H & Top WWE Star
- Rey Mysterio Gives Honest Thoughts On Dominik Mysterio’s Character
- Major WWE Contract Expiring After WrestleMania 39
- Major Roxanne Perez Update For NXT Stand & Deliver
- Report: WWE Talent Morale Affected By Vince McMahon Concerns
- ‘Sentimental’ Special Entrance Planned For Top WWE Star At WrestleMania 39
- More On Rumored New WWE Championship Belt
- Former WWE Star Opens Up About Pregnancy
- AEW All Access First Ever Viewership Revealed
- Surprise Ambush To End WWE NXT