Last night saw IMPACT Wrestling host their biggest show of the year, Bound for Glory. The show featured numerous surprises, including the main event which saw Moose ‘call his shot’ to become IMPACT World Champion at the expense of Josh Alexander.
Fightful Select (subscription required) is reporting that IMPACT planned to bring in three former WWE names for the show, none of which came to light.
The first name is Adam Scherr, the former Braun Strowman. Even talent within IMPACT reportedly expected Scherr to debut during Bound for Glory week. Sean Ross Sapp notes that the two sides have held talks, but no deal is in place yet.
Strowman was not the only former Universal Champion that was reached out too, as IMPACT had also hoped to bring Bray Wyatt in for the show, but Fightful notes that a deal to bring Wyatt into IMPACT was not close to happening.
Finally, IMPACT had hoped to bring in former NXT North American Champion Bronson Reed (now known again as Jonah Rock, or simply JONAH), and Fightful notes that he was, at one point, booked and then unbooked for the show.
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 27, 2022
- Tony Khan Takes Shots At WWE Changing Money In The Bank Location
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 27, 2022
- Brandi Rhodes Spotted Backstage At WWE SmackDown
- Scorpio Sky Reveals New TNT Championship Belt On AEW Rampage
- Scrapped Idea For Matt Hardy To Lead An NXT Faction
- Kevin Owens Announced For Tonight’s SmackDown
- Update On Vince McMahon’s Plans For Max Dupri On WWE Main Roster
- Veteran Announce Team To Reunite For Ric Flair’s Last Match
- NXT UK Star Charlie Dempsey Announced For PROGRESS Super Strong Style 16 Tournament