PWInsider is reporting IMPACT Wrestling has terminated Tessa Blanchard and has stripped her of the World Title immediately. Tessa Blanchard was scheduled to defend her world title at Slammiversary on July 18, 2020.
Here is the statement PWInsider has posted:
“Impact Wrestling confirmed that it has terminated its relationship with Tessa Blanchard and stripped her of the Impact Wrestling World Championship.”
Tessa Blanchard has not appeared on IMPACT since shows were not allowed to have fans. However, unlike other acts like The North, Blanchard had not appeared in any video packages either.
PWInsider is also reporting that she was supposed to have sent in some footage for a promo for the June 1, 2020 edition of their AXS show, but they never got the footage.
Blanchard has been residing in Mexico with her fiance Daga. There is no word from IMPACT on what this means for him and his future. He has reportedly signed a multi-year contract with IMPACT.
Blanchard is only 24 years old and has been the champion since defeating Sami Callihan.
We will continue to update this story as it develops.
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Major AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Dream Match Set
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours
- Popular AEW Star Announced For G1 Climax
- ‘The Crowd’s Coming Back Around On Me’, AEW Star Addresses Possible Face Turn