IMPACT Wrestling TV Director of Authority Santino Marella has explained why he wants to make a WWE return in the men’s Royal Rumble match.
Marella’s most recent WWE in-ring outing saw him appear as ‘Santina’ in the women’s Royal Rumble in 2020.
Appearing on the Ignorance is Strength podcast, Marella noted that he’d be interested in one day making a WWE comeback as Santino.
When asked if he’d like to make a cameo appearance in a future Rumble, Santino said:
“I would like…especially because a couple of years ago, I came back as Santina in 2020.
“I would like to actually comeback as Santino. I think people would really appreciate that.”
Santino returned to IMPACT Wrestling in January, when it was revealed that he’d be acting as an onscreen authority figure.
His daughter is currently signed to WWE, wrestling as Arianna Grace. She’s currently recovering from an ACL injury she suffered in October.
Check out the latest update on Grace’s recovery from her injury right here.
Transcription via Fightful.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?
- NXT Talent To Be Contestant On ABC’s ‘The Bachelorette’
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- WWE Beats Jesus, Donald Trump & More For Incredible World Record
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- VIDEOS: New AEW Fight Forever Gameplay Clips Show Off Fun Features